Key Figures (IFRS)
|in € millions||2014||2013||2012||2011||2010|
|EBITDA margin in percent1)||14.2||14.3||13.8||14.6||15.6|
|Bertelsmann Value Added (BVA)2)||188||283||362||359||378|
|Consolidated Balance Sheet|
|Equity ratio in percent||38.9||40.9||32.2||33.9||34.7|
|Net financial debt||1,689||681||1,218||1,809||1,913|
|Employees (in absolute numbers)|
|Dividends to Bertelsmann shareholders||180||180||180||180||180|
|Distribution on profit participation certificates||44||44||44||44||44|
|Employee profit sharing||85||101||92||107||108|
|Figures adjusted for financial year 2013; figures before 2013 are the most recently reported previous year’s figures.|
1) Operating EBITDA as a percentage of revenues.
2) Bertelsmann uses the BVA as a strictly defined key performance indicator to evaluate the profitability of the operating business and the return on investment.
3) Taking into account the financial debt assumed, investments amounted to €1,601 million (2013: €1,988 million).
4) Net financial debt plus pension provisions, profit participation capital and net present value of operating leases.
5) Based on total from segments not including Corporate Investments, Corporate and Consolidation.
My Annual Report
Bertelsmann is a media, services and education company that operates in about 50 countries around the world. It includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service providers Arvato and Be Printers, the music rights company BMG and the e-learning provider Relias Learning. The company has more than 112,000 employees and generated revenues of €16.7 billion in financial year 2014. Bertelsmann stands for creativity and entrepreneurship. This combination promotes the creation of first-class media content and innovative service solutions that inspire customers around the world.